The Talbott Brothers - January 30th
The Talbott Brothers Kick off 2014 House Concert Series
The Talbott Brothers are blues/rock singer-songwriters based out of Omaha, NE. Brothers Tyler and Nick Talbott found themselves half a country away from home when they spent the better part of last winter touring to promote their debut album, Leaving Home. What came out of the strenuous tour was a record about what happens when being away from home becomes its own lifestyle. Full of raw, organic songs, The Road became their sophomore acoustic album.
Earlier in spring 2013, heading toward what would be a successful crowd-funding process via Kickstarter,the seeds of The Road were already sprouting when Nick — who splits songwriting, singing and guitar duties with Tyler — auditioned a definitive track. In addition to the autobiographical details about the pavement and the highway signs, Tyler says he derives a more metaphorical meaning from the track, as well.
The Talbott Brothers aren’t just singing about The Road with a capital “R,” but one road in particular: the path Robert Frost calls “less traveled by.” In the Talbott songwriting rulebook, identifying a universal message in what might begin as a personal song is as important as crafting the song in the first place. For Tyler, the broader resonance of “The Road” is posing the question of what a listener will do when confronted with his or her own challenging winter tour.
When your bandmates leave to pursue other careers — as the two non-Talbott members of The Talbott Brothers did leading up to the making of The Road — is the reward of the road less traveled worth the strain? (Written by: Chance Solem-Pfeifer of HearNebraska)
They’ve shared the stage with artists such as: Red Wanting Blue, Justin Moore, Caleb Hawley, Darrell Scott, Reed Grimm, Steel Wheels, Brad Collerick, Remedy Drive, Starfield, Me In Motion, The Afters, Girlyman and The Deadly Gentlemen
House Concert Details
Show starts at 7 PM, show up any time after 6:30 PM.
Simple snacks are provided or you’re welcome to bring a snack to share.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own adult beverages or if available, may enjoy samplings from sponsoring local wineries or non-alcoholic drinks.
A $15 -$20 donation per person that goes directly to the performers the night of is suggested.
Guests should RSVP in advance to reserve a seat by contacting Jeanna Stavas, Owner/Innkeeper at 402-873-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 16 - Ian McFeron and Alisa Milner DNS
- March 26 - Acoustic Eidolon HC
- March 5 - Sarah Peacock
- February 12 - Neely House Concert
- January 15 - Ben Bendford House Concert
- 2015 House Concert Series
- November 6 - Jesse Terry House Concert
- October 23 - Flagship Romance House Concert
- October 9 - Annalise Emerick House Concert
- September 23 - The Anatomy of Frank Dinner and Song
- September 11 - Sabrina Murdaugh House Concert
- August 28 Tommy Lewis House Concert
- August 13 Dinner and Song with Rupert Wates
- July 16 - Dinner and Song with Melissa Greener
- July 10 - Quiles and Cloud
- June 26 - Dinner and Song with Lindsay Lou & Joshua Rilko
- June 12 - Jaspar Lepak
- 2014 House Concert Series
- May 22nd - Aaron English
- April 17 - Ian McFeron and Alisa Milner
- March 27 - The Astrohillbillies
- Feb 27 - Sarah Peacock
- 2013 House Concert Series