The Astrohillbillies House Concert March 27
Our March 27th show brings The Astrohillbillies, a Chicago-based band playing original outlaw country, folk, and jazz standards.
Like most hillbillies, they draw deep from the roots of rural American heritage; unlike most hillbillies, they also embody an eclecticism only obtained by traveling through time and space. Each of their songs is a story, bringing points of view from unlikely characters such as a demoted dwarf planet and George Herriman’s Krazy Kat.
Founded on the songwriting duo of Julie Jurgens (vocals, banjo, pocket trumpet, German horn) and Rob Reid (vocals, guitar, saxophone, clarinet, tin whistle), the group is often joined by a rhythm section (typically Ira Ochs on cello and Raul Cotaquispe on drums) for local Chicago gigs. The core duo is ever-willing to pack as many instruments (banjo, guitar, trumpet, clarinet, percussion, etc.) and bandmates as they can possibly fit in Julie’s tiny Toyota Corolla and take their show on the road.
House Concert Details
Show starts at 7 PM, show up any time after 6:30 PM.
Simple snacks are provided or you’re welcome to bring a snack to share.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own adult beverages or if available, may enjoy samplings from sponsoring local wineries or non-alcoholic drinks.
A $15 -$20 donation per person that goes directly to the performers the night of is suggested.
Guests should RSVP in advance to reserve a seat by contacting Jeanna Stavas, Owner/Innkeeper at 402-873-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 14 - David G. Smith Dinner and Song
- June 7 - John Byrne Band Outdoor Concert
- June 2 - Claude Bourbon House Concert
- May 5 - Orion Walsh House Concert
- March 31 - Dan O'Sullivan
- March 10 - Brian Keith Wallen
- February 25 - Time Burners House Concert
- January 21 - Sky Smeed House Concert
- 2016 House Concert Series
- 2015 House Concert Series
- 2014 House Concert Series
- 2013 House Concert Series