Aaron English, World Traveling Piano Man - May 22
World Traveling Piano Man and singer-songwriter, Aaron English, plays Whispering Pines B&B House Concert.
See Aaron earlier, at the Nebraska City Farmer's Market.
In an episode of the Fox TV drama Bones, a character made a mix of “the six greatest break-up songs” and gave it to a heart-broken colleague. The mix featured songs from alternative-pop stars such as Sia, Mazzy Star, José González, Antony and the Johnsons…and a lone unsigned artist by the name of Aaron English.
In 2008, with two self-released albums and into their third national tour of the US, the Aaron English Band's bus was involved in a catastrophic accident on a Midwestern highway. His restaurant-grease-fueled tour bus and most of his musical equipment were destroyed, and English’s touring career was temporarily grounded.
By the summer of 2009, however, his fans rallied to his aid and funded the recording of English's third album, “american [fever] dream”. Success came in the form of a Top 20 radio hit in U.S. for the single "Believe" and a Chevrolet ad placement for the song “Lullaby”.
After two years of touring this solo record, Aaron reformed the Aaron English Band with the same members and scored a Top 5 hit in Italy with an epic medley reinvention of The Beatles' and Led Zeppelin's classics "Norwegian Wood" and "Kashmir".
In 2012, Aaron toured as one-half of the side-project Boombox Séance with Baltimore singer-songwriter Victoria Vox. They released an eponymous album in March 2013.
Aaron is currently working on a new EP, slated for release in January 2014.
- Semi-finalist, Coca-Cola/American Music Awards New Artist Competition
- Finalist, Atlantic Records’ Soul City Music Quest
- Top 5 finalist, 'Album of the Year', Just Plain Folks Music Awards
- Charted a Top 20 hit on the U.S. FMQB Modern AC charts, peaking at #18
Have a listen to Aaron.
House Concert Details
Show starts at 7 PM, show up any time after 6:30 PM.
Simple snacks are provided or you’re welcome to bring a snack to share.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own adult beverages or if available, may enjoy samplings from sponsoring local wineries or non-alcoholic drinks.
A $15 -$20 donation per person that goes directly to the performers the night of is suggested.
Guests should RSVP in advance to reserve a seat by contacting Jeanna Stavas, Owner/Innkeeper at 402-873-5850 or email@example.com
- November 12 - The Lowest Pair House Concert
- October 15 - Dana Cooper House Concert
- September 24 - Linda McRae Dinner and Song
- September 10th - Brad Colerick
- August 30th - 10 Year Anniversary Celebration
- August 6th - Annalise Emerick and Ruppert Wates ouse Concert
- July 23 Dana Hubbard
- June 18 - John Byrne Band House Concert
- June 3 - Dan Weber DNS
- May 14 - Sarah Lou Richards
- April 16 - Ian McFeron and Alisa Milner DNS
- March 26 - Acoustic Eidolon HC
- March 5 - Sarah Peacock
- February 12 - Neely House Concert
- January 15 - Ben Bendford House Concert
- 2015 House Concert Series
- 2014 House Concert Series
- 2013 House Concert Series