Pizza, Poets and Wine at the Pines!
Friday, November 4, 7 - 9 PM
Wine pairing doesn't require a fancy five-course meal - if you've ever wondered what pairs with something as simple as pizza, this is the event for you!
Jeanna, from Whispering Pines B&B, will walk you through the dough making process which creates the foundation for good pizza.
Then, enjoy five slices of a variety of grilled pizza as Kimmel Orchard and Vineyard Manager, Erin Beethe, guides you through flavor profiles and perfect pairings with five Nebraska Kimmel Orchard wines. Jeanna will use many Kimmel Orchard products for the pizza.
We will complement and round out the evening with readings from Erik Campbell and Todd Robinson, Nebraska poets and recent residents at the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts.
Erik Campbell's second collection, The Corpse Pose, was recently published by Red Hen Press. His poems have been published in Tin House, Prairie Schooner, the Virginia Quarterly Review, and other journals and magazines that you couldn't find on a bet. He thinks he likes you already.
Todd Robinson's words have begrimed the pages of Prairie Schooner, Sugar House Review, Chiron Review, The Lincoln Journal Star, and the Midwest Review, among manifold other venues. A recent resident of the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts, he has taught in the Writer's Workshop at the University of Nebraska at Omaha for ten loving years.
The Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts is a residency program that supports established and emerging writers, visual artists and composers from across the country and around the world by providing environments that allow uninterrupted time for work, reflection and creative growth.
- Meal includes starter salad, four slices of pizza and dessert. Ice Tea, Lemonade and Water are also included.
- Pizza and wine pairings from 7 - 8 PM; poet readings follow from 8 - 9 PM.
- Additional glasses or bottles of tasted wines and some products used for pizzas will be available for purchase.
- $35 per person, ages 21 and up
- Reservations 402-873-5850 or email@example.com
- May 7 - Spring Tea
- April 23 - All about hats and Local Food!
- March 31 - Andrew Sullivan
- March 25 - Pasta, Painting and Wine Pairing Behind the Pines
- Sweetheart Menu February 11
- January 21 - Wine, Soup and Ceramics Behind the Pines
- Kids Holiday Break Cooking Classes
- December 3 & 4 Holiday Tea
- Jan 15 - 17 New You and [Re]New You Retreat